Oh the conundrum of sizing clothing when body "norms" have continually fluctuated throughout the last century! Well, whether you're Kate Moss svelte or Marilyn Monroe curvy, we've gotcha covered. We always provide our guesstimation of sizes along with the label's indication (if there is one), but since we cannot accept returns due to ill-fit, we precisely measure each and every piece for absolute accuracy. We want our items to fit you like a glove so you can spread the love! And as always, don't hesitate to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any sizing questions.
First and foremost, CAYSF suggests you find a garment from your own closet that is properly snug and measure flat the bust, waist, hips, length and inseam. Here's how; just grab your tape measure!
- BUST: From just under the armpit across to the other
- WAIST: From one side of the narrowest part of the mid-section to the other
- HIPS: From one side of the widest part of the mid-section to the other
- LENGTH: From the top of the shoulder to the bottom seam
- SLEEVES: From the top shoulder seam down to the edge of the cuff
- SHOULDERS: From bottom of collar seam (or neck edge for items without collar) to top of shoulder or sleeve hem.
- INSEAM (pants only): From the crotch down to the lowermost seam
- RISE (pants only): From the middle crotch seam to top of pant
All of our measurements are in inches. Double the number of bust, waist, hips and swing for entire garment measurement (for instance, if the bust says 16 inches, double it to 32 for the entire circumference of the piece.) Should we label something "OPEN," this means it's free flowing and fits all sizes (gotta love these when you're headed to a yummy dinner!). We try to include stretch in measurements and always recommend adding a half to whole inch to your measurements to provide for movement and extra give. This obviously depends on how you like to wear your clothes, suction cup tight or eat-a-full-meal ease.
Also, keep in mind that some products are clipped to fit the model and may seem smaller than actuality--extra incentive to pay attention to the measurements!
In terms of clothing condition, they vary as follows:
- OVERALL EXCELLENT: Item is in mint vintage condition
- OVERALL GOOD: Item may have slight wear and tear, but nothing that would prevent you from rockin' it. Damage could include loose hems, small reparable tears, tiny holes or minor stains
- OVERALL FAIR: This baby's been loved so be ready to embrace vintage with open arms. Wear on these items is more noticeable but still worth every penny (and the low price reflects it too!)
- LENGTH: from the toe to the heel on the bottom sole
- WIDTH: from one side of the widest part of the shoe to the other on bottom sole
- HEEL: from the bottom of the heel to where it meets the shoe
- SHOE BACK: from the top of the heel to the top of the shoe
- HEIGHT (boots only): from the very bottom of shoe to the very top (including heel if applies)
- CALF CIRCUMFERENCE (boots only): measured all the way around calf portion